Commitment to Innovation and Excellence Helped Health Care Firm Grow from 4 Employees to 460 NTSP Celebrates 20th Year in Operation
Fort Worth (Nov. 1 2017) – North Texas Specialty Physicians, a group practice management association serving a network of 900 primary care and specialty physicians, is celebrating its 20th year in operation this month. The enterprise was founded in 1995 by physician leaders in Tarrant County but signed it’s first Medicare Advantage contract in 1997.
“NTSP’s original goal was the same as it is today, to offer innovative approaches to care delivery that enable physicians to take better care of their patients,” said Fowad Choudhry, CEO. “Today, we care for more than 85,000 patients across 100 sites. We are proud of the impact that we have had and the leadership role we play in helping shape health care innovation in North Texas.”
During the course of its first 20 years, NTSP:
- Launched one the first regional health information exchanges to give physicians easy access to patient information by linking various electronic medical systems
- Launched its Medicare Advantage program to give North Texas seniors more healthcare options
- Launched one of the first Pioneer Accountable Care Organizations in North Texas to demonstrate that it was possible to save money on health care services while doing the right thing for patients
- Opened two physician practice clinics to provide expanded services to help patients with chronic conditions
- Expanded care model outside of Texas; achieving remarkable growth and success in Greensboro, North Carolina
“NTSP has accumulated many ‘firsts’, and we will continue to test new ideas and concepts to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of health care delivery,” said Ira Hollander, M.D., President and Chief Clinical Officer.” “As a physician-led organization, we are committed to helping physicians manage costs and improve patient outcomes through technology-driven processes, patient-centered care models and a network of top-performing physicians,” said Hollander.
NTSP exists to support the success of the more than 900 primary care and specialty physicians in our network. Since 1995, our physician-led organization has engaged the most experienced doctors who want to work with like-minded professionals to use their accumulated knowledge to identify and implement proven practices, successfully manage risk, efficiently share information, and effectively deliver cost-effective, patient-centered care. For more information, visit www.ntsp.com.